Friday, August 29, 2008

Colorado Day 4 pt. 2

Tuesday (7/29) afternoon, while Dad, Jeremy and the boys were exploring the Garden of the Gods, Mom and I were having a tea time at the castle at Glen Eyrie. I was so thankful that Jeremy and Dad were willing to take the boys so mom and I could do this together.

I think out of everything we did on our trip to Colorado this was probably my favorite. It was nice to slow down a bit, spend time with my mom and enjoy the delicious teas and yummy treats. The grounds of this beautiful conference center were so calming. I hope Jeremy and I can go for the marriage getaway conference in a couple years.

I brought home tins of the two teas we had at the Castle. I must admit that this coffee lover is now addicted to my afternoon tea. It brings me right back to my special afternoon with my mom when I add the loose tea leaves to my tea pot. As I sip my tea it is a fun way to relive my memories of our time in Colorado.




post signature

3 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Isn't that place beautiful??? I am so glad you got to experience it! Glen Eyrie is so special to me for so many reasons. In fact, John officiated at one of my friend's weddings there on the grounds...it was amazing! Can you imagine how gorgeous her wedding pics were?

Leah Belle said...

when we were there i thought how fabulous it must have been to LIVE IN THE GARDEN OF THE GODS!

glad you got to go...maybe joel and i can attend that conference with you and jeremy! :)

Gretchen said...

What a lovely area, and it's perfect that you brought home tea as a lasting memento of your sweet time with your mom. Life must be celebrated in all sorts of ways.