Monday, April 21, 2008

Weigh In #3

The weigh in went better this morning than last week. I lost 3 pounds (8.5 pounds so far)! Before the end of the day (after all the cleaning and getting ready for the Realtor) I will do my first Turbo Jam workout. They guarantee you to lose 10 pounds and 10 inches in 10 days. I am kinda skeptical but we will see. In the box they sent a tape measure, so I am going to measure and take my before (for the eventual after) pictures as well.

Here are some diet related things I found last week.

Two Novice Chefs, One Tiny Kitchen - Here Tyler and Julia share recipes on their blog. In most of their current recipes they are including the WW points.

Sister Skinny - Two sisters working together to reach their goal weight. On April 18th they reached their goal, so they will not be updating the blog anymore. I am posting this link so that you (and I ) can read their posts over the last year and gain inspiration.

Healthy Appetite with Ellie Krieger - She is a nutritionist who takes recipes and makes them healthier (her show is on the Food Network). All recipes include nutritional facts. You can also go to her personal website and sign up to receive an email newsletter with recipes and nutritional information. Or you can go a step further and for a monthly cost she will customize a diet plan for you.

If you are on this journey with me I hope you have a great week with getting healthier! Have a great day!

post signature

4 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Jen...that is GREAT!! 8.5 lbs is a LOT! Yay for you.
Keep us posted about turbo jam!

Halfmoon Girl said...

That is awesome. Wahoo, clap, clap, clap- good for you!

Tamora said...

I am sooo proud of you!!!!! Are you still walking to get your son at school?

I need to get on the treadmill....I am stuck at 6. I haven't been smaller than this since HS... so I need to get past the mind set that I can do this and get off the last 10 pounds!

His Girl said...

Keep goin' girl! You're doin' GREAT!