Wednesday, April 30, 2008

2nd Grade Field Trip

Tuesday was the 2nd grade field trip and I was one of the chaperone's for my son's class. We went to Elm Fork Education Center on the campus of the University of North Texas. It was such a fun learning experience and the kids had a great time. I have been lucky to get to go on his field trips since Kindergarten - it is something I look forward to all year. I enjoy meeting his friends and love just having these memories with my son. I think maybe my favorite part is at the end when I get to sign him out and he rides home with me. Very rarely is it just he and I in the car alone, so I cherish these moments to just talk and hang out. All and all a great day! :o)

post signature

2 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I love field trips too! I'm going next week with my 4th graders glass to a baseball game. Fun, huh? It's actually "Math Day" and they give you math facts and different thing to try to figure out in between innings. It's my favorite field trip of the entire year!

Glad you could spend that time with you sweetie!

His Girl said...

sounds so so so fun! I love field trips. They always give me a little headache- but totally worth it!