Monday, December 31, 2007

2007 Thoughts

Hi everyone!!
I hope that each of you have had a wonderful holiday season with your family and friends. I have enjoyed spending time away from the computer and with my family. I have much to share and will start posting about my time away later in the week. I am looking forward to catching up with all of you through your blogs as well.

I could not let 2007 leave without saying goodbye. Over at Bleeding Espresso, she invited us to play along and complete this end of the year MEME, so I thought it would be a good way to reflect on my year.

What did you do in 2007 that you’d never done before?
Tried Polenta and Grits (now I am hooked - loved 'em!)
First hotel stay by myself
Started my Blog

Did anyone close to you give birth?
No births in 2007 - but friends/family due in 2008

Did anyone close to you die?
Jeremy's Uncle Kenny died (March 17th). I was not able to attend the funeral with him, but I am so glad that he and his brother were able to be with his mom and dad in Arizona. His Uncle was in his 60's and had been paralyzed from the neck down since the age of 21 (water skiing accident). Kenny was a very strong Christian and a tremendous inspiration to everyone who met him. What an amazing sight it must have been to see him walk through the gates of heaven.

What dates from 2007 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
The first one that comes to mind is our baby's first birthday - October 19th.

What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Overcoming my fears of the blog world and becoming more technically savvy to start my own blog.

What was your biggest failure?
Not getting all my "baby" weight off (I've been collecting it since my first pregnancy in 2000).

Did you suffer illness or injury?
Strep throat/flu last January - not fun!

What was the best thing you bought?
Digital Camera

Where did most of your money go?
Diapers
Formula
Simply Thick
RX for baby
Milk (we should buy a cow!!)

What do you wish you’d done more of?
More constant time with God
Work out
Have more patience with my boys :o(
More date nights

What do you wish you’d done less of?
Lose patience with the boys
Let the year go by without making the most of each day

What was your favorite TV program?
The Office
Chuck (new fav)

What was the best book you read?
Just Walk Across the Room

What was your favorite film of this year?
Sadly, we spent 2007 catching up on movies from 2006 (favorite of '06 Amazing Grace). We saw only a handful of '07 movies, here are some that I enjoyed or that left an impression on me from 2007. Can't wait to see Becoming Jane.
National Treasure - A Book of Secrets
A Mighty Heart
Breach
The Kingdom

What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
35 - it was a great birthday - read about it here

What kept you sane?
Dates with Jeremy
The new babysitiing place!
Weekly Bible study with the ladies
Blogging and reading blogs

Who was the best new person you met?
I enjoyed meeting all my new friends in the blog world and am looking forward to getting to know you better in 2008. In real life, I have made a lot of friends at our new church and just like the bloggers am looking forward to getting to know them better over the coming year.

Finally, not resolutions, but goals for 2008:
Make daily time with God my first priority
Work out and lose ALL the weight!(Hold me accountable - ask me how it's going!)
Get middle son completely potty trained (still no #2 action in the potty!!)
Be intentional about getting together with friends and family
Try to cherish each day and not let the year pass by so quickly


HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!




3 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Happy New Year!

I love your meme! Very fun. And yay for starting a blog in '07. I would never have known you if you had not done this!

His Girl said...

Happy, Happy New Year! What a fun meme... glad you're back!

Michelle | Bleeding Espresso said...

I don't think I realized that your baby celebrates on October 19--I'm the day before :)

Happy 2008!