Thursday, November 15, 2007

Gobble, Gobble Thankgiving Day Menu

As I told you a few days ago, Karla from Looking Towards Heaven is hosting a recipe exchange today. If you click on the link to her blog, you can get some great recipes from other bloggers or you can participate (the more recipes the better!). If you participate, please be sure to leave your link to your blog on the links list at Karla's site).

This year we will be having Thanksgiving at Blaine and Lesli's (my side of the family). I have never made a whole Thanksgiving meal myself, but here is the menu (mostly prepared by my parents) that we will be having next Thursday.

Very Traditional Menu
Smoked Turkey (by Lesli's dad)
Ham
Grandma's Dressing*
Grandma's Gravy*
Mashed Potatoes
Egg Noodles (Dad's German family influence)
Green Beans
Rolls (Homemade by Lesli & her mom)
Cranberry Sauce
Pumpkin and Pecan Pies (courtesy of Bruce)

If we were having Thanksgiving with Jeremy's side of the family I would bring Corn Casserole. Enjoy checking out the recipes' at Karla's blog - I know I will.


*Side note: I was going to post the recipes for my Grandma's dressing and gravy, so I called my mom to get the recipes, but they are made more by sight than by recipes. I will try to figure them out and post them afterThanksgiving.

3 comments:

My Trendy Tykes said...

Looks like a great menu!

Linda

GiBee said...

Wow! That sweet potato casserole sounds divine!! I'm going to have to try it. I also love a baked sweet potato with butter! Tons of butter!

jennwa said...

I make that corn casserole, but not with the peppers. I am going to have to try that. Thanks.