Friday, September 21, 2007

Making Soup

Yesterday my middle son was "busy' in the kitchen. I went to check on him and he was getting pots, ingredients, can opener, spoons and an apron out - so of course, I had to get my camera out. Our youngest has become his shadow so he had to get in on the action. I asked him what he was making and he said warm soup.


There is such a difference in a 3 year old and a 7 year old. While the younger one was content pretending to make soup, that was too boring for his big brother. When he got home from school, his little brother told him he had made soup while he was at school. So the oldest decided they needed to make REAL soup. I did not know what they were doing until they came in with their mugs of soup offering me a drink. I decided to pass on their inventive creation, but thought I would share the recipe with you.

5 cups water
2 cups crushed ice
pinch of salt
sprinkle of sugar
1/2 lemon (juiced)
1/2 tbsp maple syrup
Use the biggest pot you can find (one mom has to wash by hand) and add ingredients in order. Stir together and place on a cold stove for a few seconds. Pour in cups and drink.


These are the things I cherish and store away. :o)


2 comments:

Leah Belle said...

How funny! I love it! Never a dull moment in this mom thing, huh?

Check out my latest post for a picture from the past!

Tamora said...

YUM! What little cooks they have become!