Monday, November 3, 2008

36 and I am okay with it!

I had a wonderful birthday weekend! On Saturday evening I stayed at my favorite hotel and just relaxed. Jeremy's parents were nice enough to watch the boys so he could have dinner with me. We watched the Texas vs. Texas Tech game while we ate and were very sad about the outcome (Tech won - hard for a longhorn fan to swallow!). I was able to put it behind me and work on my Christmas cards for the rest of the evening. Thank you Jeremy for my wonderful getaway. While at the hotel I watched Secondhand Lions - it was a really good movie.


This morning Jeremy and the boys gave me my gifts. I was not expecting anything because my hotel stay was suppose to be my present. I was excited though because I was given my first Ipod and a yummy Starbucks gift card! I received so many sweet voice mails, emails, facebook messages and cards in the mail. I have not been one to look forward to birthdays since I turned 30 but today was not too bad. Thank you to all who made it such a special day. :o)

post signature

3 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

That sounds like a fab way to spend your birthday! Oh, and Secondhand Lions is one of my favorite movies!

Gretchen said...

Oh, time alone! Ahhhh...

Happy, happy belated b'day, Jenn. I've got over 3.5 years on you. We'll slide towards middle age together. :)

Lisa Smith said...

So, so glad it was happy! You're on facebook?!? Find me!