Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Taking Advantage of the Cool Front

Okay so it was really not cool, but 85 degrees is much better than the almost 100 degree weather we have been experiencing.

In our neighborhood we have ducks - so we decided to feed them before heading out to lunch. Our 20 month old was so excited to be close to the "quack, quacks"! He did not feed them - he was more interested in holding one.



After lunch we stopped at a park we had never played at before. There was lots of room to run around and explore. By this time the "cooler" temperatures had left and were replaced with mid- 90's so we headed to Sonic for drinks. I love Sonic drinks, but Jeremy on the other hand does not - he thinks they taste like the styrofoam cup. I think he is truly missing out!

When we got home the boys decided to cool off in the sprinklers before nap/rest time. I took advantage of their rest time to read Sisterchicks do the Hula. I am so glad I found out about this series - I am really enjoying the books.

post signature

7 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Jeremy not liking Sonic is just...blasphemous or somethin'. Seriously.

Glad you had some cooler temps! Amazing what 15 degrees difference makes, huh?

care-in said...

I must have missed the cool front!

Xavier doesn't like stopping to by drinks...such a pooper!

Genny said...

Looks like a fun day. My kids would love the ducks!

His Girl said...

glad you're liking the books! fun, quick read!

I think there are some others you'd really love... i'll send you a link soon!

xoxo!

ps- love the pics!!!

Jackie said...

Cute pics! And it's so green there...I miss trees. :)

I LOVE Sonic drinks. Never noticed any styrofoam taste....that's funny. :)

Gretchen said...

Okay, okay...I'll go to the bookstore...cuz clearly, the library is full of people who want to like--r.e.a.d., and they're stealing *my* copies of the Sister Chicks series...The unmitigated nerve. ;)

xxxooogretchen

Lisa Smith said...

We luv Sonic. This month milkshakes are only 99 cents!