Monday, June 16, 2008

Sisterchicks on the Loose

Sisterchick:
a friend who shares the deepest wonders of your heart,

loves you like a sister,

and provides a reality check when you're being a brat.

I finished the book this morning! Since having my third child, I really have not picked up a book unless it had to do with parenting or was a Bible study - I just did not think I had time for fiction. I decided that this summer, I was going to start making some time to read for fun and after hearing about this series I knew this is the one I was going to pick up first.

After reading the first chapter I knew I was going to like this book - it talked about travel - one of my favorite things to do. I noticed after the first day that I could not put the book down because I was enjoying reading about Sharon's and Penny's adventure. I think it is because I have always dreamed of taking yearly trips with friends. Maybe someday I too will be having travel adventures with a friend (or friends).

I enjoyed seeing how God used this trip to change things in each of their lives. I giggled and even felt sad for the characters at times. These women are older than me - so I was not sure at first if I would relate to their lives. I caught myself learning from their mistakes and victories as mothers and wives. While reading I would take mental notes - "I want to do that better" or "Remember this because it will be you in a couple of years". I think this is a wonderful book and recommend it! Thanks Amber for your recommendation.

While reading Chapter 5 I had an idea - when I finish this why don't I give my copy away? So that is just what I am doing! If you are interested in reading this series, leave me a comment and on Thursday I will pick a winner. Maybe the winner will want to pass the copy along to someone else after they are done!? :o)

post signature

13 comments:

Genny said...

How fun! The book sounds good!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.

Michele P. said...

looks like a fun read, please enter me!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm in! Now that you AND Amber have read them, I must jump on the bandwagon!

And what a great idea to read a book then give it away! You're a smart girl!

His Girl said...

obviously, I don't need to be entered in the contest, but I wanted to say how very very much I am glad you liked this book!

I love the idea of passing books on! I think I'll do that with some of the books I'm working on this summer- I have GOT to stop keeping them ALL!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea to pass on books. I need to branch out from Karen Kingsbury I guess!

HilLesha O'Nan said...

Sounds great!

Kellan said...

Sounds like a great book - thanks for the review.

I'm Kellan, btw - nice to meet you. Hope to see you soon.

Leah Belle said...

I've been hearing lots about these books! Guess I need to get started reading them. Hope I win!

Tamora said...

I am so glad you liked it. I am still in lubbock and was looking for a good book! I will have to go and check them out.
OHHH we stopped by the Slaton Bakery and got thumbprints and sugar cookies on the way into town. The kids loved it... :*) We are going to be in McKInney Friday night ( I am going to have to bust a move to get home in time) and then all day Saturday for Ashtyn's soccer tournament. Ash has a game at 1145 and 5. Will you be around? We will have lots of time to kill between games and I know Nathan would rather me NOT go shopping LOL! Let me know if you are intersted in meeting somewhere.
ttyl

Tamora said...

OHHH MY! the Mercy Me blog cracks me up!!!!!!!

Jackie said...

Hey, what a good idea...passing it along after you're done reading it.
If I win, I think I'll do the same thing!

Gretchen said...

Oh, goodie! I'm in!

I like passing on books, too. Hm...I feel a book passing carnival coming on. :)

Lisa Smith said...

Love the quote! Passing books on sounds so fun!