Tuesday, March 4, 2008

As soon as it was here, it was gone!!


We woke up early to see if our oldest had school today - much to my disappointment he did. He was not upset about going to school, because he did not know there was even a chance that he might not have school. He was excited that we let him go outside before school to throw a few snowballs.

When I left for Bible study at 8:30 this morning the snow had already begun to melt. By 11:30 it was completely gone, except for some left in shaded areas. The 3 year old did not remember snow, so he was so excited to just touch it and of course he had to give it a small taste. The snow was perfect for making snowballs and snowmen! He wanted to make a snow family but I told him there was not enough snow but we could make one friend! He wanted to build a snow friend (as he called him) so we worked quickly to build one out of the remnants of snow. As you can see from the picture it is definitely a poor man's version but he was very proud of his first snowman. I was sad that it left so quickly but I thanked God for answering my prayer. All I had asked for was that we would have snow this winter, that the boys could play in it and that our 3 year old could build his first snowman - that is exactly what he provided! I love how He answers the small things just to show us how much He loves us!

Changing the subject...

On Sunday I made my Aunt Judy's Pasta for our Life Group meeting. Jeremy and I love it and the boys will eat it too. Thought I would share the recipe here.

I'm off to meet Jeremy to tag team vote (meaning one will stay in the car with the boys while we take turns voting)!

post signature

4 comments:

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

Man, I hope I didn't jinx the snow day for you! I am glad you got to enjoy it a little bit.

His Girl said...

Sounds like fun anyway... even if short lived. It snowed here once, a couple of years ago, on a Sunday. It was LEGENDARY!

That pasta looked GRUB! would love to try it!

Amy said...

Good thing you let them play in it quick. You will just have to plan a trip to CO to really get to play in it. We will make sure you get to build a whole snow people village. Love ya!

Halfmoon Girl said...

That pasta looks yummy! Our family loves a good snow- contrary to most's belief, not every where in Canada is covered with snow! We are in the South Western corner and get a dump about once a year the melts pretty quickly. Sometimes we are able to build snow "men", but often enough, there is only enough white stuff for snow "babies". You have a lovely, inviting blog. I enjoyed my visit.