Saturday, January 19, 2008

Quiet Day

Jeremy is at the gym, the boys are playing and I am enjoying a quiet moment. It is a cold morning here; a rare occurrence for us. I know for Amy and Meredith, 28 degrees is warm right now, but for our thin Texas skin it is a day to put on a cozy sweatshirt and pour a big cup of coffee.

Friday through Monday our 7 yr. old has a holiday from school. Friday the boys and I drove the 2 1/2 hour drive to my grandparents home to visit them. One of the reasons we went was because Blaine and his boys were driving my mom there to meet my dad so it was also a good time for the boys to see my dad.

The drive up was pretty uneventful. The boys watched a movie and at one point, the 7 yr. old put the headphones on 14 mo. old so he could watch Elmo. It was so cute I had to take a picture!

It was nice to see my dad's parents and visit with them for awhile - we do not do it often enough. The 7 year old and 3 year old had fun outside digging in the dirt and exploring. The 3 year old was so happy because his buddy Oscar was there (update- I think we almost have Jeremy worn down and we are beginning our search for a puppy! Yeah!). A bonus to our visit, my dad made his chicken stew for dinner. It is such an easy recipe, but one of my favorite things he cooks.




I am looking forward to today because we have nothing to do. I love these days because they are very rare around here. Since we were out of town Friday night (which has become our family game night) we are going to do pizza and play a little Uno Attack tonight. Then Jeremy and I will watch a movie once the boys are in bed. Ah- what a wonderful day.

3 comments:

His Girl said...

sounds fantastic! may I recommend beagles? I have to say, ours is a near perfect dog- and I don't even really like dogs. haha!

mer@lifeat7000feet said...

I'm partial to beagles too! How fun that you're searching, and yes, our kids wore us down too. Jack's been so much fun though! I suggest praying for the right dog to find you!

I love that you're getting some cold weather. If I could send some snow your way, I certainly would.

Enjoy your long weekend. Our kids have a 4-day weekend too, and it's been nice and relaxing so far.

Jenn said...

HG- I actually yelled out "NO WAY" when I read your dog suggestion. Then I made Jeremy come read your comment. A beagle is the dog we are leaning toward. The more I get to know you the more I feel we may have been separated at birth! :o)

Mer- I think showing Jeremy pictures of Jack and telling him your story about getting a dog help persuade him. Thanks for the advice- we will definitely pray that God will lead us to the right dog.